Wednesday, July 29, 2009

a good day



My day started when my alarm rang at 5:00 am. Why was it set for 5:00 am on a lazy summer morning you ask? Because about 2 months ago, I had a obviously insane moment and agreed to be at the dentist office by 7:00 am with 5 children. Did I get up at 5:00 am when the alarm went off? Of course not. I didn't get up till 5:50 am. By that time, I had get up like a crazy person and get everyone dressed, teeth brushed, diaper changed, bottle made, and out the door by 6:40. We made it on time. The plan was for Carlee to have two fillings done. But because she cried for the first 15 minutes he was only able to do one. By the way, he is one of the most patient dentists I know(Thank you Dr. Glade Smith). So that means in October I get to go back and do it all again.


On a happier note, I decided to be spontaneous, and instead of going home and cleaning, doing laundry, and working on my RS lesson for Sunday, I went out to my parents house and spent the day. We ate breakfast with my mom. Waffles, bacon, and eggs. Everything taste better at mom's house, doesn't it. Then we met my dad and visited with him for a few minutes. The kids love to see Grandma Don. After that we went back to our house and I loaded up a bunch of clothes and took them to the Kids Wear Consignment. That is how I plan on paying for the kids school pants this years. Then we met my brother for lunch at Pizza Hut. Me and my brother love the thin crust cheese. For me it reminds me of my Grandpa Lou that passed away. He always ordered Pizza Hut Pizza for us. Thanks mom for lunch! The kids loved it. As many trips to the buffet as their little hearts desired. And let me tell you, we got our money's worth.


After a wonderful lunch I took my mom home. It was a really fun day for me and the kids. Totally unplanned and perfect for a summer day. I will miss summer. Having no schedule and total freedom. Jeremy and I are both blessed to live near our parents. They are a blessing in both of our lives. They encourage and love us unconditionally. It turned out a VERY happy day.
p.s. I didn't take the picture of the tulips, but I love them, and the picture made me happy. Hope it works for you too!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails