Thursday, February 26, 2009

A few things we've been up to.....


Here is Jeremy thinking he is a firefighter. He decides to burn some of the hundreds of tumbleweeds we have, and almost melts our fence! Thank goodness he didn't. That would have really been ugly!









Phoenix Zoo

We went last weekend to Mesa and stayed with my Aunt Barbara and Uncle Joe. Her granddaughter Tessa helped her with the kids while Jeremy and I went to a session at the temple. After that we took the kids to the zoo. Let me just tell you, each one of the photos below cost me a dollar! When we get there all my rechargeable batteries are dead. So Jeremy, the wonderful husband he is, went into one of the shops and bought camera batteries. They were 7.99 for 4 batteries. If any of you know Jeremy he is VERY frugal. So this was a huge expression of love for me. He knew I really wanted pictures.













I myself have been super busy. I have had two enrichment activities to be in charge of and help at. One really big one were anyone from the ward who signed up came to assemble 72 hour kits. One funeral to help with, the pleasure of a wisdom tooth trying to come in, preparing a lesson for this Sunday, (I haven't taught since Morenci) and then just trying to keep up with all the household things. Having a calling in RS has been a very good experience, but it will take some getting used to. It is taking some adjusting for the whole family. New schedules, Jeremy doing a ton more for the kids and keeping them alot at night and on Sundays, and just the fact that now I worry, keep in contact, and pray for over 160 sisters at different times. I never before realized how much our leaders pray and care for each member of the ward. My goal that I set at the beginning of the year was to enjoy the little things with my children and not stress so much about the house and things like that. It has been going pretty good. I still have a long ways to go. But I am trying. And now in my life, it has become so important I do because I am gone more.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails