Thursday, July 23, 2009

Last Two Weeks


Well, the last two weeks have been interesting. Loralie, Carlee, and I have all had Strep Throat. Thank goodness for Meds that come in a SHOT form! We have done some small school shopping. I've decided this is the year that we are going to Use it up, Wear it out, Make it do, or Do without. Ok, maybe not do without, but I am going to have the kids still wear there shirts ,shorts, and shoes that are still in good condition from summer. I do not see the point in all new wardrobes when their clothes are still nice. They did get new backpacks and lunch boxes. But this was a necessity. I am sad summer is almost over. The kids aren't even ready to go back yet. Other family news, Jeremy received a new calling. He is the assistant Ward Clerk over Finances. He is really enjoying it. He has served in the YM's for most of our married life. This is a change for our family because he stays after church for about an 1 1/2 hours. And I am spoiled because he usually makes dinner. But this is fine because now we have time to change clothes, have a snack, tidy up, and set the table, and things like that while we wait for Daddy to come home. We got a new computer about 3 weeks ago and is crashed and we had to completely wipe it out and start over. That was a sad day. But everything is working again. On another note, Fisher is officially into EVERYTHING. Nothing is safe anymore. But that is ok. I am really enjoying it, being he is probably our last. In the last couple of weeks I decided it is time to really crack down and loose this baby weight that is being so loyal to me and will not leave. So for the past 3 days I've been walking like crazy on my treadmill and doing pilates. I do feel much better and have a ton more energy. I've also been doing the weight watchers point tracker to watch what I eat. A friend told me about it, and she lost 25 pounds and looks fantastic! So wish me luck! I love to eat, so this is definitely teaching me self control. Not much else is going on. I should blog more often to get the really funny things down the kids say and do. I forget them if I don't.
Hope your all having a great summer!!

2 comments:

Melissa said...

your kids are so stinkin cute. David is right there with Fisher! I am hoping to get those magnetic babylocks cause David is into everything!!! We did buy new backpacks and lunchboxes, but I got them on sale. Backpacks $8.50 at children's place.com. Jacob and Abby's old ones had lost straps, fraying etc. My kids each got 1 new outfit (again at children's place) for under $10. Who needs to spend hundreds of Dollars for new clothes when the old ones fit still. And guess what, our kids probably don't care if they have 1 new thing or 20.

Welcome said...

That is so true. My mom wants to buy them a new outfit for the first day. So we are coverd there. I am going to have to get on Children's place.com and start looking. Are these sales when the season is changing or what???

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails