Monday, August 3, 2009

A Sweet Testimony


Yesterday was a good day. Jeremy, Carlee, and I were all able to fast. This has been the first time I have been able to fast in a long time between being pregnant and nursing. Carlee and Jeremy went up and bore there testimonies. In our family in order to be able to bare your testimony you have to be able to do it all by yourself. Carlee did a wonderful job. It was sweet and heartfelt. Every fast Sunday we have a "Family Testimony Meeting" at our house so the kids can learn. They go to the front of the living and learn to bare their testimonies. It has been a blessing in our little family. It really brings the spirit into our home and helps us get into the mind set of sacrament meeting. We have all the kids ready by 12:00 and meet in the living. Then, by the time we are done it is about time to leave for church. I had my lesson yesterday too. I felt impressed to discuss the temple and ways we can better feel of Heavenly Father's help and love as we worship in the temple. My hope was as trials and struggles come into our lives, our first thought will be to "run to the temple". So many of the sisters had such wonderful ideas. I want to share a few that I really thought were helpful and I will be working on doing.

*Keep a notebook and write down some of your struggles or worries you are taking to the Lord that day in the temple. Then write down the impressions your receive. What a blessing it will be to look back and see how you have grown and what you have learned during your temple worship.

*Kneel down and pray after you have changed into your temple dress and pray for the sister you are going through the temple for that day. Pray she will accept the work you are doing. Pray you will feel of her spirit. Then when you are back in your dressing room kneel down and thank Heavenly Father for being able to be in the temple that day and for anything else you feel.

*Before you begin your service that day in the temple share your testimony with the sister you are doing the work for. Bare witness of the work you are doing.

*Fast and pray the day before you attend to start preparing your heart to receive the needed help.

*Listen to music or talks on CD on the way, to help the spirit be with you.

*Two things from my lesson I handed out and would love to share

Steps to help us ponder and apply the covenants we make in our lives.

1. We must identify the principle being taught.

2. How does it relate to the Savior
*His Divinity
*His Atonement

3. What does the principle mean to me.

4. How do I use it in my life.


I am so grateful for the temple, and the blessing it has been in my life. I am so excited to be getting one here, and the blessing it will be for our children. I love the Lord and am grateful for my covenants with Him. To know my family can be forever is my greatest joy!

2 comments:

BiggsFamily said...

Just wanted to let you know that I really enjoy your lesson on Sunday, I am so excited for the temple to be just moments from our homes!!! The spirit was definitly there and I loved the hand outs!!

Welcome said...

Thank you so much. That is one part of my calling I stuggle with. It is not a strong point for to. I am so glad you were able to be there.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails