Friday, August 13, 2010

Last Summer Swim Party





We had so much fun this summer going to Grandpa Don's and Grandma Penny's. Grandpa would fill up the pool and the kids would play for a few hours and we would eat something fun. They really looked forward to these times. I have really appreciated my parents for taking the time to do these special things for my kids. They will have so many memories with their grandparents.
A few weeks ago my dad wasn't feeling well. Very tired, hard to get a breath, and look pretty pale. He had been at my house and looked terrible. I tired to get him to go to the doctor, but he wanted to wait a few days. Well, a few days later he came back and looked worse. This was a Friday. He wanted to wait till Monday and not have to go the the ER. Well, he was finally convinced and went up to the ER. After some testing they found out he had a heart attack and ended up flying him to Tucson Heart Hospital. So I called Jeremy and he came home from work, picked up my mom and headed to Tucson. Before we even got their they had put in 2 stints. When the doctor came out they said they had a hard time breaking up the blockage and almost gave up on one valve. But they ended up getting it in. But the others have 50% to 60% blockage and there isn't really much they can do. He went to the doctor last week and met with the surgeon and he told my dad that he can't be doing anything that would make him strain. Lifting things and pulling on things or anything. This could cause a piece to break loose and he would die. They told him he was 99% blocked and had he waited till Monday, he would have died in his sleep over the weekend. He just retired. So this new is really hard for him.
This really opened my eyes to the fact we could loose him. He has a lot of heart damage. Loosing Linda has been very difficult for me. I can't imagine loosing my own parents right now. I am so grateful I live close to them and for our special time together as a family. They love and support Jeremy and I and love my kids so much. Life is so short and this has really made me think what I am doing. Am I getting angry at things or people and wasting my time here? Am I enjoying each day like it could be the last? Am I living each day like I want to return to live with my family and my Father in Heaven? Am I grateful for all I have? Something has changed for me and in me. I am learning to enjoy my kids even if they just destroyed my house. I am learning to love Jeremy depict his imperfections. I have many that he loves me in spite of. Our family has been happier. We have been having more stress free fun. I love the gospel of Jesus Christ and for the knowledge of the Plan of Salvation. But I know too we must build, strengthen, and enjoy our family relationships now to be able to be together later. I am most grateful for the Atonement of Jesus Christ. Without we would all be lost. Having the temple here has been one of the greatest blessing in our lives. Jeremy and I are strengthen each time we attend. We find our needed peace within those sacred walls. With 6 small children it is hard to go, but we are richly blessed by the sacrifice. I look forward to our time together there each week. What a blessing families are. And what a blessing we can be together forever!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails