Friday, February 11, 2011

Temple Night

{Our Date Night}

Last night Jeremy and I went to the temple for our weekly trip.  J.J. offered to keep the kids for us.  They love when he comes.  He has been going with us to our ward for the last month in a half or so.  I have really enjoyed it.  Jeremy and I performed initiatory work.  It was so wonderful to sit after a very stressful week {with so many sick kids} and hear those beautiful promises.  It helps you regain your eternal perspective so you can return home and start all over again with your family.  We are so very blessed to have a temple 5 minutes away.  I can still remember the day that we found out they had announced a temple for the Gila Valley.  Jeremy and I have just finished a session at the Mesa Temple, and were across the street at Deseret Book.  Jeremy's mom called him out in the car and said that President Bryce had sent his dad an email that told the announcement.  He came into the store and told me.  When I heard the words I just got such a warm feeling through my whole body.  I was overjoyed.  Watching the whole process was an amazing experience.  Such a blessing in our lives and our young children's lives.  Once day we were coming home from the store and we by chance were able to pull over and watch Moroni being lifted and put on the top of the spire.  I can't even imagine how the early saints must have felt as they were building these sacred temples with their own hands.  And now knowing that at any given minute I can drive 5 minutes and walk into those temple doors if I am in need of comfort, guidance, love, or peace.  The Love of my Heavenly Father and His peace is 5 minutes away.  To me, it is a miracle and a Tender Mercy from a loving Father in Heaven.

1 comment:

Melissa said...

I Love your Fabulous Temple Going Example. You amaze me Mary!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails