Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Homemade Ranch Dressing Mix

Jeremy and I made the recipe from THIS blog over the weekend.  We bought and mixed all the dry ingredients together.  Last night for dinner I mixed it up for the first time and I was so HAPPY!  It is the best Ranch Dressing  I have EVER had!  Plus I know it doesn't have all the scary ingredients the bottle from the store has.  I am very picky with my ranch so I was a little nervous.  If you love ranch, but want a healthier alternative, plus save money, try it, you won't be disappointed




Homemade Ranch Dressing Mix: 
8 T. dried parsley

2 T. dried minced onion 
1 T. dried chives (optional, but gives it a good scallion/green onion flavor)
2 T. black pepper
 
2 T. garlic powder
 
1 t. paprika
 
2 t. thyme
 
2 t. oregano
 
3 t. salt

2 t. seasoning salt 
2 t. dried dill
 
1/2 t. cayenne pepper

Place all ingredients into a food processor or blender and blend until smooth (you will want to do this or it will be too chunky with all of the parsley). Store in a cool, dry place.

Ranch Dip: 
1/2 c. mayonnaise (good quality--not lowfat)
 
1/2 c. sour cream
 
1 t. lemon juice
 
1 T. ranch dry mix

*If you want ranch dressing, just add buttermilk or milk to your desired consistency is achieved--you may need a pinch more salt once you thin it out.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails