Monday, July 11, 2011

Taking Inventory

It's that time in life again!  I am sitting here close to the end of summer with my children and thinking about all the things I wished I were doing with them and myself.  I've decided it is time to take a break from some things and really get my life together again.  I have just been "getting by" without much purpose.  Jeremy is leaving early Wednesday morning for another trip to the Congo for two weeks with his job.  So I decided what better time to refocus on myself and the children and get back on track.  I love that life is always changing and allows us to change right along with it.  Whether it is changing our hearts, changing our schedules, changing our priorities, or whatever needs changing.  Staying focused on what is of most importance can be hard.  That is why I "TAKE INVENTORY" every little while and see where I need to make some course changes.  I don't know about anyone else, but life seems to be flying by and I feel like I am not accomplishing all I want to do cause I am waiting for the perfect moment to do it.  So I've decided to make this scripture my motto:


'Wherefore, be not weary in well doing, for ye are laying the foundation of a great work. And out of small things proceedeth that which is great.' (D&C 64:33)"

I need to focus on the small and simple things and just DO THEM!  I think that is where I get overwhelmed.  Trying to get all the great and wonderful things done I never start cause I am too overwhelmed.



2 comments:

Emily said...

You have no idea!!!!!!! I feel the EXACT same way! I just wish I could find the motivation to JUST DO IT!

~Kristin~ said...

Mary~ This was a wonderful post and so true for all of us mamas!
I have you in my reader and haven't seen a post for a bit...maybe I missed one. ;o)
But, I clicked over and just had to say...I love the beautiful photos of your family!
I hope you will keep writing about your inspiration and motivation to get back on track!
Love it!
XO
Kristin
http://thissweetcountrylife.blogspot.com/

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails