Wednesday, September 7, 2011

our family library and learning studio

{family library}


This is becoming one of our most loved rooms in our home.  The kids do school work here, read, play games, puzzles, or anything else they need a quiet room for.  With 6 little ones running around a quiet room is hard to come by.  There is peace and serenity there.  I tried to make it beautiful and comfortable for the whole family.






{writing area}


In this area there is pencils, notebooks, envelopes, erasers, and other writing supples.  This is a favorite school work spot.

I found these wooden letters to help the little ones learn each letter and their shape.


I found this deep wooden dish and put beach sand in it with some shells.  It is a great way to help little fingers learn their letters and numbers by drawing them in the sand.  This is a family favorite for sure.  The sand to me is calming.



This is our alphabet and numbers wall.  I found on old stick down at the barn and glued the clothes pins.  I cut our the paper and drew the numbers and letter and then laminated them.  There are so many fun things you can do with this.  I got this idea from the book Growing Up Sew Liberated.  I am loving all my new books!

{the nature basket}


This was a hit this weekend.  We went camping to one of our {MOST} favorite places on earth!  We spend many hours at the lake and this was the kids top entertainment!  They went on adventures,  found bugs and looked at them under the jeweler's loupe, they drew in the Nature Notebooks and filled up the pages, we found beautiful flowers and of all different shapes, colors, and sizes and put them to dry in our flower press.  All the kids enjoyed the binoculars.  The perfect size for little hands.  It made my heart happy to see them using thier imaginations so freely.  So much happiness contained in this little wooden picnic basket!




{learning studio}

This is where we get use our {hands} to create!  Everyone {well, those who will not eat everything} love to come in here and freely paint, bead, sew, draw, craft, cut, glue, or anything else they want till there heart is content.  We work on science, history, and art projects here.  It makes me so happy to have a space that does not have to be cleaned up.  We can leave an undone project and come back!  I dearly love this room.  I love that we have 2 new spaces that anyone in the family can go and use their creativity.





1 comment:

Andy and Michele said...

LOVE IT! But having markers and paints and sand in the reach of my 2 year old would make me nervous. But obviously you've got it all together!! :) Love the basket, the desks, that it has doors and you can shut your project in, you thought of everything & I want to copy you!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails